It is necessary to remove papillomas, because they are not just a cosmetic defect - they are benign tumors (not always) caused by HPV (BirusPapillomasChz> person).
Papillomas grow, are injured during hygiene procedures or become inflamed. The growths can be located in different parts of the body. Genitals, internal organs, nasal mucosa, etc. They can be single or multiple rashes. They often look like cauliflower.
They also vary in color - from transparent to deep brown.
There are several methods for dealing with papillomas and condylomas. In addition to your own growth, you need to fight the virus itself. Traditional medicine offers many recipes for getting rid of growth, but its independent use is not recommended.
Causes of the occurrence
The main reason for the appearance of such formations is the defeat of the body by the papilloma virus. It is transmitted both sexually and through everyday life.
We can say that this is a disease. It affects people with weakened immunity, especially women.
Therefore, they often suffer from papillomas during delivery and after delivery, when abrupt hormonal changes are observed in the body. These rashes on the epidermis occur most often after 30 years.
The origin of the papilloma virus has not yet been precisely identified, so many myths (sometimes wrong) are circulating about it. Here are a few to dispel:
- Papillomasis a clear symptom of old age.According to statistics, these growths appear most often in people after 30-35 years. So it has nothing to do with aging. Those who are overweight are more susceptible to this - favorable conditions for papillomas are created in the folds of fat due to sweat. These bumps on the dermis can be found in young people, even teenagers. In such cases, the cause is a hereditary predisposition.
- Papilloma is difficult to confuse with anything.This is not really the case. It is difficult to make an accurate diagnosis, since birthmarks, warts, mollusks and other formations are often masked by this disease. The most common type of papilloma is keratoma (also a benign tumor with a specific orientation in the body: armpits, neck, under the breasts in women). Often, the papilloma appears on the upper eyelid or groin.
It is best to remove papillomas in specialized clinics, although there are many proven folk remedies used at home that allow you to deal with the problem quickly.
It is strictly forbidden to steal them alone, which can be fatal. In any case, you must first visit a dermatologist and have an exam to discover the nature of the neoplasms.
There are more than 100 types of HPV, at least 13 of which lead to cancer (also known as high-risk virus).
HPV testing is the study of biological material taken from a patient. The analysis shows a positive result if the pathogen is present in the body or negative if there is no viral load.
Types of tests:
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR).This is a test that helps to detect the presence of infection and track viral concentration.
- Daigen test.Acts on the hybrid capture method. It is based on the differentiation of the papillomavirus according to the risk of developing oncology. It is rarely used as a single test, generally used in conjunction with other research methods.
- PAP test.The Pap test is similar to the classic cytological exam. Its purpose is to track atypical cells in the epithelium, which can be used to determine the presence of malignant processes in the body.
Which doctor to contact
The easiest and most economical way is to contact the nearest KVD. Private clinics are more expensive.
Don't be afraid to go to the doctor, much less get something from the dispensary. Everything you need - you've already acquired it. Although there is a possibility of hereditary HPV.
- If the lesions are on the skin of the intimate area, you should consult a doctor -surgeonordermatovenerologist.
- If the lesions are located on the mucous membrane of the intimate area, you should see a doctor -gynecologistor a doctor -urologist.
Methods to remove papillomas
- Cauterization with salicylic acid.To avoid negative consequences, this should only be done by an expert.
- Surgical intervention.The lesions are cut with a scalpel.
- Laser.This is an alternative to surgery. The method is less traumatic, even in the case of removal of large neoplasms.
- Cryodestruction.Allows you to burn papillomas quickly and effectively using liquid nitrogen. The only disadvantage of the method is the inability to accurately calculate the depth of penetration of nitrogen. Therefore, more than one procedure may be necessary. In addition, there is no guarantee that papillomas will not reappear.
- Electrocoagulation.The essence of the technique is the punctual action in the focus of the injury with high frequency electrical impulses. It is indicated for the elimination of papillomas in any part of the body, but it is not recommended for the face (there is a risk of scarring).
If you need to remove some small papillomas and there are no medical contraindications, you can use any folk remedy. Only first consult a doctor.
Surgical removal is not sufficient to eliminate papillomas. Drug therapy is needed to eliminate the root cause of skin defects - the HPV virus.
Includes the use of:
- antiviral immunostimulatory drugs; vitamins;
- antiseptics, local cauterizing agents.
Dosages and duration of treatment are determined by the doctor. Ignoring drug therapy is the reason why removal of skin tumors leads to their recurrence.
Popular papillomas removal methods offer a wide selection of recipes, including:
- using homemade gels and creams;
- compresses based on oils and sap from medicinal plants;
- the use of internal decoctions and infusions to strengthen the immune system;
- tying growths with threads, etc.
Many of these techniques are controversial, so you can use folk remedies for papillomas only after consulting a doctor.
Practice shows that an effective fight against papillomas is possible with a natural remedy - celandine. The simplest way to use the plant is to lubricate the affected skin area with juice squeezed at the time of the stems. The procedure is repeated 1-2 times a day until the cancer turns black and disappears.
For those who do not have the opportunity to pluck the stem from a plant, a ready-made drug is suitable.
It is often used by patients with HPV to remove cosmetic defects. The instruction states that the neoplasm must be vaporized, lubricated with cream on the healthy skin and applied a drop of the drug on the protruding area.Burning and browning indicate that the healing process is working.
The third way to use celandine to remove papillomas is to make a homemade cream. The fresh stems of the plant are rolled in a meat grinder and then the juice is squeezed using a cotton cloth and added to the glycerin or baby cream in a 1: 4 ratio. With the resulting composition, the growthsthey are lubricated 1-2 times a day for 3-4 weeks. The product must be kept in the refrigerator.
A simple and affordable recipe for removing papilloma is to use washing powder. For the procedures, you must choose a product without flavors and additives.
It has a curative effect due to its powerful antiseptic effect due to the content of the following acids:
- stearic; lauric
To combat papillomatosis, you need to lubricate the affected area with soap daily for a month before bedtime. As a result of this therapy, the neoplasm must disappear.
To increase the effectiveness of the technique, rub the washing powder on a grater and mix with water until you get a creamy consistency.The resulting mass is heated to a temperature of 50 degrees and applied in a thick layer to the affected area.Cover the product with polyethylene. The compress lasts 30 minutes, then the film is removed to dry the composition. It stays like that for several hours. The recipe can be used for a week. If the buildup does not disappear during this period, alternative methods should be used.
Castor oil is known for its powerful antimicrobial properties, the ability to stimulate metabolic processes. When applied to a neoplasm, it increases the resistance of cells to HPV, which can help eliminate the tumor.
Papilloma removal with castor oil is performed by two methods:
- apply 1-2 drops of oil to the affected area, rub on the skin and repeat the procedure twice daily until the papilloma disappears.
- A cotton swab moistened with oil is applied to the affected area, fixed with a bandage and left for 1-2 hours.
Practice shows that, in the first case, removal of the accumulation occurs in 2-3 weeks, in the second, 3-4 days of regular procedures are usually sufficient. The disadvantage of the rapid regimen is the high probability of allergic reactions. Before using the product, it is advisable to test the likelihood of individual intolerance.
Potassium permanganate is an established antiseptic used to treat skin problems, one of which is papilloma in the human body. To prepare a curing composition, potassium permanganate is diluted with water until a saturated purple solution is obtained. Then, it is applied in 2-3 drops on the affected area. Thanks to this therapy, the neoplasm turns black, wilts and then disappears.
To improve the effectiveness of a recipe, you can use the following tips:
- vaporize the build-up before applying potassium permanganate;
- always prepare a new solution: it has maximum efficiency;
- Leave the product on the papilloma overnight.
Potassium permanganate is not used to remove growths on mucous membranes, individual intolerance is a contraindication for its use. If the papillomas are removed surgically, during the recovery period, regular treatment of the wound with a weak solution of potassium permanganate is recommended.
Traditional healers provide a universal recipe for getting rid of lumps on the skin, according to which they are removed with a thread.
The procedure is performed according to the following algorithm:
- the neoplasm is moistened with an antiseptic.
- The topic is treated with alcohol.
- The thread is tied tightly as close as possible to healthy tissue.
- A sterile dressing is applied over the papilloma.
- The condition of the treated area is monitored daily to prevent inflammation.
- The thread lasts from 5 to 7 days, during which the neoplasm must darken and fall.
Doctors do not recommend using this method, at least because the papilloma that appeared in the body is just an external manifestation of negative internal processes.
Attempts to bandage can lead to inflammation of neoplasms and, in some cases, degeneration into malignant tumors.
The answer to the question about how to deal with papillomas in the body can be given by a doctor after a CRP test. This study shows that the HPV virus is the cause of growth.
An integrated approach is used to address it, including:
- taking antiviral drugs;
- use of immunomodulators;
- vitamin therapy;
- surgical removal of neoplasms.
Is the removal effective without medication? No, because the removed growths can reappear if the patient's body is weakened by illness or other negative factors.
It is important to understand that it is strictly forbidden to remove papillomas on your own with a razor, scissors, thread and other improvised methods. This can lead to infection, purification and other negative consequences.
This is a non-contact method to affect skin cancers. Its essence lies in the fact that high frequency radio waves destroy pathological tissues, causing papillomas to disappear without leaving scars or scars.
Radio wave surgery is not used for women during pregnancy, during menstruation, for cancer patients, chronic diseases in remission, diabetes mellitus.
The removal procedure includes the following steps:
- the patient is in the chair.
- The exposure site is treated with an antiseptic.
- Local anesthesia is administered at the patient's request.
- The doctor works on the neoplasia with a special apparatus that produces radio waves.
- A small wound remains at the exposure site, which is treated with an antiseptic.
There is no hemorrhage, the only disadvantage of the method is its pain. After removing the papilloma, no dressings are needed, exposure to moisture is not prohibited, just refuse long baths and the use of a face towel.
Avoid direct sunlight, do not apply cosmetics to the wound.
An important feature of radiosurgery is the ability to use it in areas where accessing a laser or electrosurgical unit is difficult (lips, cervix).
Laser papillomas removal is the process of vaporizing them using a laser beam. Neoplasms have a thin stem, so they are easily destroyed. The procedure takes a few minutes, in some cases, several sessions are necessary. Anesthesia is performed at the patient's request.
Laser removal of papillomas in the body has the following advantages:
- minimal risk of side effects;
- absence of scars and scars;
- without pain;
- low risk of recurrence of papillomas at the site of removal;
- short recovery period.
Indications for laser destruction include the growth of papilloma, its location in the area of the skin where there is a high probability of injury, pain, cosmetic defect.
The procedure is not performed if there are the following contraindications:
- recent tan;
- oncological diseases;
- diabetes mellitus.
The removal procedure takes 5 to 7 minutes. Thanks to the ability to adjust the intensity of the laser beam and the pulse duration, the likelihood of "touching" healthy skin areas is excluded. After the operation, a crust forms on the treated area, which falls after 1-2 weeks, without leaving a scar.No blood loss, because the laser seals the blood vessels.
Post-operative care after laser treatment involves the use of ointments that accelerate healing during the first 2-3 days. The patient is advised to avoid sunburn, baths, saunas and to avoid hypothermia for 1-2 weeks.
It is a method of removing papillomas, which involves exposing the affected area of the skin to waves of electric current of different frequencies and intensities. Its second name is cutaneous moxibustion, because under the influence of thermal energy, benign neoplasms heat up and fall. This method of dealing with growth is believed to be an economical alternative to laser coagulation.
The benefits of electrocautery include:
- the ability to get rid of growths in one session;
- simplicity and security of the procedure;
- the ability to use the removed material for future research (helps to identify what caused the growth: papillomavirus or other factors); precision
- , direction of exposure to electric current;
- total visual control over the procedure;
- relatively low cost.
The disadvantages of removing electrical current build-up include a high likelihood of recurrence, pain and a long period of wound healing (up to 10 days). Scars or age spots may appear.
The procedure is not performed for individuals with individual intolerance to electric current, reduced blood coagulability, patients suffering from acute illnesses or chronic illnesses in the acute phase.
Tumors are removed under local anesthesia.The patient sits comfortably in the chair, the doctor chooses the necessary electrocoagulator nozzle, acts on the neoplasm. The blood vessels are sealed, so there is no bleeding. A crust appears on the treated area, which disappears after 7 to 10 days. The session lasts from a few seconds to 20 minutes.
After removing the papilloma with electric shock, the patient should not wet the treated area for a week. Antiseptic and wound healing agents are applied to the skin.
It is necessary to refrain from sunbathing, going to the spa, swimming pool.
This is a treatment for papillomas with ultra-low temperature liquid nitrogen. Its effect on pathological tissues leads to freezing, after which the neoplasm disappears.
The resulting removal effect depends on two factors:
- individual susceptibility to the action of liquid nitrogen;
- the professionalism of the cosmetologist.
Nitrogen to remove build-up is applied in two ways:
- using the applicator;
- with a special device - a freezer.
The choice of technique is determined by the characteristics of the case and the technical equipment of the clinic. The average duration of the procedure is about 2 minutes. Performed without anesthesia, the appearance of unpleasant sensations is possible: cold, tingling, slight burning. Bleeding does not occur because low temperatures block blood vessels.
Cryotherapy is not used for individuals with individual intolerance to cold, cancer patients, inflammatory processes in the body.
After removing nitrogen, the papilloma hardens and turns white, forming a crust that disappears after 2 to 4 weeks. For seven days after the procedure, the patient is instructed to exclude contact with the skin area treated with water, to refuse sunburn and to use cosmetics to mask the defect.
There is an opinion that papillomas are not "harmful" to humans, they are purely a cosmetic defect. Medical practice proves the opposite: its presence is a consequence of HPV infection, and the lack of treatment can lead to serious consequences, one of the most dramatic being the development of malignant tumors. That is why doctors recommend the removal of cancer by a complex method, which includes surgery and medication.
To minimize the likelihood of contracting HPV, the following expert recommendations should be followed:
- do not walk barefoot in hot and humid places (sauna, pool, shared shower): these places are the most favorable habitat for viruses and bacteria.
- Use condoms during sex (they reduce the likelihood of HPV infection and infection by 70%), avoid accidental intimate relationships.
- Be careful when choosing beauty salons, avoid places where sterility is considered "sloppy".
- Do not use hygiene items (toothbrush, cloth, hairbrush, etc. ) and clothes from a person infected with the HPV virus.
- Cure colds in a timely manner, leading to decreased immunity.
- It is essential to coordinate the use of hormonal contraceptives with a doctor: they can cause hormonal imbalance.
Avoiding HPV infection will help with the rules of a healthy lifestyle, including giving up bad habits, moderate exercise, regular outdoor walks, ensuring a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals in the diet and observing personal hygiene rules.
Each one decides for himself which papillomas removal method to choose. You just need to remember that this is a signal about the violations in the body.
Therefore, you must first consult a doctor and undergo a medical examination. After all, diseases of viral etiology require internal treatment.